You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exported images don't show retouches

Am using macOS Photos 7.0 on Monterey 12.1. Computer is a 2015 Macbook Pro 13" & Monterey was installed via fresh installation (format/erase).

I import images in the Photos app (using the import tool or dragging them into Photos from Finder) and make edits I need (example: crop, adjust lighting, retouching blemishes, etc.). When I export the images, all edits are shown on the exported photos except anything done with the retouch tool. I can't for the life of me get any retouches to appear on the exported jpg files. I did not have this issue using older versions of macOS or Photos.

Does anyone know of a fix?

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 9:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 9:54 AM

That is odd - I've tried here, and retouches are exported. Though I'm still on big sur: you may have found a bug in Monterey.

Have you tried in safe mode? If you have and the same problem exists, then I'd try first creating a new empty library - import a few photos and see if the problem still exists. If it does, then I'd suggest creating a new user account and trying in there.

If it still happens in the new user account then I'd report a bug to Apple here:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/photos.html

And if you still want to try to solve it you may need the support of apple direct (see link top right of this page - get support)

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 20, 2022 9:54 AM in response to motorambler

That is odd - I've tried here, and retouches are exported. Though I'm still on big sur: you may have found a bug in Monterey.

Have you tried in safe mode? If you have and the same problem exists, then I'd try first creating a new empty library - import a few photos and see if the problem still exists. If it does, then I'd suggest creating a new user account and trying in there.

If it still happens in the new user account then I'd report a bug to Apple here:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/photos.html

And if you still want to try to solve it you may need the support of apple direct (see link top right of this page - get support)

Exported images don't show retouches

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.