You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows keep moving from secondary monitor when mac goes to sleep then I can't move them back

I have a new Macbook Pro (M1 Pro) and a Wacom Cintiq Pro 24.

The Cintiq is my secondary monitor where I work on and all my apps run on there.

The macbook keeps going to sleep and then moves all the windows to this side.

This is very annoying but even more so is that they move outside the screen area at the top. So I can't drag them back in because I can't grab the top bar!

Then I have to close the app and open it up again... every time

This happens a few times a day... so you can imagine how annoying it gets :(

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 10:32 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jan 22, 2022 8:31 AM in response to GerhardHuman

Hello GerhardHuman,

We see you have issues with an external display, and we'd be happy to help.

This page here has some info on the topic which may be able to help out: Use one or more external displays with your Mac

You can also test it out in a newly created Admin user to see if it's a system-wide issue, or specific to the user account: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Cheers.

Jan 24, 2022 1:24 AM in response to Eric_G1

Thanks Eric but that's all basics. I'm not new to working with multiple monitors, I've been using multiple desktops for decades.

The problem is the sleep function on the macbook pro.

For some reason it goes out of sync with the Wacom Cintiq, then when it wakes it moves all the windows back to the small laptop screen.

This never happend on my iMac or my MacPro from years ago. It's specific to the new Macbook Pro and/or Big Sur

Hope that makes sense

Windows keep moving from secondary monitor when mac goes to sleep then I can't move them back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.