You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote on AppleTV is dead. How can I use my iPhone?

Apple TV remote is dead. New batteries don't make a difference. How can I use my iPhone as a remote?

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 7:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 8:39 PM

If the Apple TV only reacts by blinking the status light, but no navigation on-screen, then you may need to re-establish the link between the remote and the Apple TV box. If your Apple TV remote isn't working - Apple Support

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

The Apple TV (3rd generation) needs a functional remote to set up the Apple TV Remote widget in Control Center.

For the Apple TV (3rd generation), your options are:

The Apple TV (2nd generation) is not compatible with the Apple TV Remote widget in Control Center.

For the Apple TV (2nd generation), your option is:

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 21, 2022 8:39 PM in response to oldsupe

If the Apple TV only reacts by blinking the status light, but no navigation on-screen, then you may need to re-establish the link between the remote and the Apple TV box. If your Apple TV remote isn't working - Apple Support

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

The Apple TV (3rd generation) needs a functional remote to set up the Apple TV Remote widget in Control Center.

For the Apple TV (3rd generation), your options are:

The Apple TV (2nd generation) is not compatible with the Apple TV Remote widget in Control Center.

For the Apple TV (2nd generation), your option is:

Remote on AppleTV is dead. How can I use my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.