You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not receiving calls from a certain number but I get their voicemail.

Why am I not receiving calls from only one contact? I do not have them blocked I do not have any focuses turned on or do I have do not disturb on. I receive voicemails from them and when they call my iPhone 13 the Calls go through fine. I am scared to swap the sim cards because I don't want the problem to start on the iPhone 13 too, please Help Me figure out what's going on. I have checked all the settings and notifications for 'Phone' are on.

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 12:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 12:42 AM

There are a couple of reasons this could happen. You have done a great job of troubleshooting so far by checking for blocked numbers and verifying that Focus is turned off. If you have other Apple devices, verify that Focus mode is not enabled on those devices or, if you want to leave Focus mode enabled on those devices, you can toggle Share Across Devices off. Settings > Focus > Share Across Devices (Toggle Off).

If this doesn't work, you can try resetting your network settings. Of course, you would want to back up your phone. You would go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset. Doing this will remove any of your currently saved Wi-Fi passwords, VPN settings, Bluetooth connections, and other network-related settings.

If you would like to save your passwords and WiFi settings, you can backup your iPhone to your computer using the steps shown here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205220

I hope one of these steps helps with your issue.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 23, 2022 12:42 AM in response to Galarcon1021

There are a couple of reasons this could happen. You have done a great job of troubleshooting so far by checking for blocked numbers and verifying that Focus is turned off. If you have other Apple devices, verify that Focus mode is not enabled on those devices or, if you want to leave Focus mode enabled on those devices, you can toggle Share Across Devices off. Settings > Focus > Share Across Devices (Toggle Off).

If this doesn't work, you can try resetting your network settings. Of course, you would want to back up your phone. You would go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset. Doing this will remove any of your currently saved Wi-Fi passwords, VPN settings, Bluetooth connections, and other network-related settings.

If you would like to save your passwords and WiFi settings, you can backup your iPhone to your computer using the steps shown here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205220

I hope one of these steps helps with your issue.

Not receiving calls from a certain number but I get their voicemail.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.