You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV - 3 months free subscription?

After purchasing a new iPhone I signed up for 3 months free Apple TV and was charged $23.97 for 3 months. It was paid through PayPal. I am so disgusted by this that I have cancelled the subscription. I would like a refund please.

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 4:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 11:53 AM

Thanks Urquhart. My apologies. On checking I found it was for 2 books I bought last week but for some reason I received the notification from PayPal just at the same time I activated the Apple TV app and as the value was the same as 3 months Apple TV I jumped to that conclusion. I don’t understand why the receipt for the books took a week to come through on my emails.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 23, 2022 11:53 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Thanks Urquhart. My apologies. On checking I found it was for 2 books I bought last week but for some reason I received the notification from PayPal just at the same time I activated the Apple TV app and as the value was the same as 3 months Apple TV I jumped to that conclusion. I don’t understand why the receipt for the books took a week to come through on my emails.

Jan 23, 2022 5:06 AM in response to nljneville

You were charged for something else than Apple TV+, as $23.97 doesn’t match the price point of Apple TV+.

Note that the Apple TV+ subscription gives access to the special Apple TV+ content (Apple Originals), not other content in the Apple TV app. If you have rented or bought iTunes Store movies, then those have to be payed for separately. If you subscribed to an additional third party Channel in the Apple TV app, then that has to be payed for separately.

If you see 'apple.com/bill' on your billing statement - Apple Support

See your purchase history for the App Store, iTunes Store, and more - Apple Support

See your subscriptions overview - Apple

Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support

Apple TV - 3 months free subscription?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.