You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Firefox browser can't log in to icloud.com with error: Failed to verify your identity. Try again.

After attempting to sign in today to iCloud.com on my MacBook Pro using the latest Firefox browser (version 96.0.2 64-bit) and getting my 6 character verification code sent to both my MacBook and my iPhone there is nowhere on the Firefox browser to allow me to enter the code.

In the past on the icloud.com login page in Firefox there has always been an Apple ID Two-Factor Authentication web form with 6 input boxes to enter the verification code but now this web form doesn’t appear in Firefox.

Consequently, after a moment, an error message says ‘Failed to verify your identity. Try again.’

I am able to sign in okay using this two-factor sign in with the Safari browser and with the Chrome browser on my MacBook Pro. But not in Firefox.

Same issue on a Catalina and High Sierra MacBook Pros.

Does anyone know if this is a problem with Firefox or with Apple or even both?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 12:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 6:42 AM

What helps me in this situation is to log in via id.apple.com (same thing as appleid.apple.com) first

Similar questions

3 replies

Firefox browser can't log in to icloud.com with error: Failed to verify your identity. Try again.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.