You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to transfer ripped music from CDs to new iPhone?

iTunes is now called Music on my iMac running MacOS Monterey version 12.1.

New iPhone with iOS version 15.2.1 doesn't plug into my iMac USB.

My iMac 2015 5k and old iPhone 6s have all the 4,700 music files loaded.

The only music that transferred via iCloud is the one album I purchased from iTunes Store in the cloud.

How do I load the rest with the ratings on my new phone to play in the car on the way to bluegrass festivals after the pandemic? I also downloaded some old time radio tracks from Internet Archive to listen to offline on the airplane. I have not subscribed to Apple Music but did listen to Pandora enough for it to learn my thumbs up likes musical taste DNA but that doesn't work offline. No copyright issues I purchased the CDs from the bands when they were in town on tour over the years.

Darrell "de banjo joke mon"

iMac 27″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 6:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 7:58 PM

You can buy (rather cheaply) a USB-C to USB-A converter that will allow you to plug your new iPhone to your iMac. Or you may be able to use the cable from your old iPhone if you still have it.

2 replies

How to transfer ripped music from CDs to new iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.