You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a Macbook made in 2015 and I can't seem to upgrade to anything higher than OS 10. 13.6. Is there any way I can upgrade this to a later OS?

I have a Macbook made in 2015 and I can't seem to upgrade to anything higher than OS 10. 13.6. Is there any way I can upgrade this to a later OS? Do I have to buy an upgrade or is it the end of the line for this MacBook?

MacBook, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 2:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 3:49 PM

The 2015 Macbooks can be upgraded to Mojave, Catalina and Big Sur. Big Sur is the final version of macOS that a 2015 Macbook can be upgraded to.

The Mac App store will only show the latest version of macOS, which is currently Monterey. You can find previous versions of macOS here --> How to Get Old Versions of macOS. Note that you *must* use Safari to download those installers; Firefox and other browsers will not work.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 25, 2022 3:49 PM in response to myrtlecg

The 2015 Macbooks can be upgraded to Mojave, Catalina and Big Sur. Big Sur is the final version of macOS that a 2015 Macbook can be upgraded to.

The Mac App store will only show the latest version of macOS, which is currently Monterey. You can find previous versions of macOS here --> How to Get Old Versions of macOS. Note that you *must* use Safari to download those installers; Firefox and other browsers will not work.

I have a Macbook made in 2015 and I can't seem to upgrade to anything higher than OS 10. 13.6. Is there any way I can upgrade this to a later OS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.