You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad locked

how to convince apple support that I am the rightful owner of this7 year old ipad. I have Invoice copy, can provide any possible ID, still they are not happy????

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 4:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 6:11 PM

By "GoodGuys" I'm assuming that you are referring to "The Good Guys" chain, which would be an Authorized Apple Reseller. At least in Australia. Regardless, then they should be able to assist you with the proper sales receipt that Apple is requesting. Also, did you elect to purchase an AppleCare+ plan with this iPad? (It would be expired if you did, but it should provide a proof of purchase.)

Otherwise, you can try this link as well: Update your proof of purchase - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 25, 2022 6:11 PM in response to joe_2400

By "GoodGuys" I'm assuming that you are referring to "The Good Guys" chain, which would be an Authorized Apple Reseller. At least in Australia. Regardless, then they should be able to assist you with the proper sales receipt that Apple is requesting. Also, did you elect to purchase an AppleCare+ plan with this iPad? (It would be expired if you did, but it should provide a proof of purchase.)

Otherwise, you can try this link as well: Update your proof of purchase - Apple Support

ipad locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.