You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV not send voice

Hello

the sound suddenly disappeared. I did a reboot, did the factory settings, but nothing helped. The sound through the TV or receiver does not go. Sound comes through Apple headphones

top bar doesn't disappear,Please help

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 1:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 3:08 AM

the sound suddenly disappeared. I did a reboot, did the factory settings, but nothing helped. The sound through the TV or receiver does not go. Sound comes through Apple headphones

Verify the connection wires, that all the plugs are properly seated.

Set Apple TV to use ‘TV Speakers’. That will output over HDMI for the best quality.

If connected as

Apple TV → TV → soundbar

then verify that the TV is set for audio passthrough.

If Apple TV Audio Format: Auto (PCM Multichannel) isn’t supported, then try the alternative formats: Dolby Digital 5.1 or Stereo 2.0.

top bar doesn't disappear

That is a function of your TV, not a function of the Apple TV box. Use the TV remote and/or see the TV manual.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 27, 2022 3:08 AM in response to finnriga

Verify the connection wires, that all the plugs are properly seated.

Set Apple TV to use ‘TV Speakers’. That will output over HDMI for the best quality.

If connected as

Apple TV → TV → soundbar

then verify that the TV is set for audio passthrough.

If Apple TV Audio Format: Auto (PCM Multichannel) isn’t supported, then try the alternative formats: Dolby Digital 5.1 or Stereo 2.0.

top bar doesn't disappear

That is a function of your TV, not a function of the Apple TV box. Use the TV remote and/or see the TV manual.

Apple TV not send voice

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.