You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

đź’ˇ Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods won’t connect after update

Has anyone else had problems connecting. My left airpod wouldn’t work so I unpaired them and now I can’t pair them. It won’t connect

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 8:14 AM

1 reply

Jan 29, 2022 11:59 AM in response to Swedz87

Hi Swedz87,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help with your AirPods. As we understand, they won't pair with your iPhone.

Have you reset them yet? Please see: How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro.

"You might need to reset your AirPods if they won't charge, or to fix a different issue.

1. Put your AirPods in their charging case, and close the lid.
  2. Wait 30 seconds.
  3. Open the lid of your charging case.
  4. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > Bluetooth and tap the More Info button  next to your AirPods. (If you don't see your AirPods in Settings > Bluetooth, just go to the next step.)
  5. Tap Forget This Device, and tap again to confirm.
  6. With the lid open, press and hold the setup button on the back of the case for about 15 seconds, until the status light flashes amber, then white.
  7. Reconnect your AirPods: With your AirPods in their charging case and the lid open, place your AirPods close to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Follow the steps on your device's screen."

Have a fantastic day!

AirPods won’t connect after update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.