You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WhatsApp notifications not coming through Apple Watch after iOS 15.3 update

Since updating to iOS 15.3 what’s app notifications have stopped coming through on Apple Watch, only time I realise there is a notification is when I look on my I phone, there’s not a what’s app to go on on Apple Watch series 5 to select mirror I phone, seems updating to iOS 15.3 was a big mistake Apple need to sort out this issue as a driver i rely on notifications to come through on Apple Watch as I can’t touch my phone when driving seems having a Apple Watch is pretty pointless now

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 8

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 11:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 11:26 AM

I was having the same problem. Tried turning stuff in and off, contacting Apple and WhatsApp, even reinstalled iOS. Nothing. What finally worked was:

1.) Go into WhatsApp and turn off all notifications.

2.) Go into IPhone settings, notifications, WhatsApp. Turn off all notifications there.

3.) Reboot phone.

4.) Turn notifications back on in settings and WhatsApp.

5.) Reboot.

6.) Ask someone to send you a test message.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 31, 2022 11:26 AM in response to Brummy673

I was having the same problem. Tried turning stuff in and off, contacting Apple and WhatsApp, even reinstalled iOS. Nothing. What finally worked was:

1.) Go into WhatsApp and turn off all notifications.

2.) Go into IPhone settings, notifications, WhatsApp. Turn off all notifications there.

3.) Reboot phone.

4.) Turn notifications back on in settings and WhatsApp.

5.) Reboot.

6.) Ask someone to send you a test message.

Jan 29, 2022 1:24 AM in response to lobsterghost1

whats app notifications are turned on on Apple Watch app on my I phone, still not sure why when I look at phone notifications are on screen but nothing on Apple Watch…strange one that is. Maybe it’s because phone is on silent but I thought that wouldn’t affect the notifications on watch coming through if it’s set to vibrate on silent in the settings app

WhatsApp notifications not coming through Apple Watch after iOS 15.3 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.