You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop Photo from iPhone to Mac each photo is in it's own folder

I have been airdropping photos to my mac for months and this is new behavior. I recently upgraded to Monterey from Big Sur.

Now when I airdrop multiple photos and videos from my iPhone to my iMac Pro's download folder, each photo or video is placed in a separate folder. So you end up with a folder named IMG_1234 containing a single file named IMG_1234.jpeg. Why was this change made? How do you fix this behavior?

This question was ask a couple of months ago by someone else but there were no replies.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 5:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 3:51 PM

I am experiencing the same issue which is really frustrating.

When I select multiple photos on my iPhone (iOS 15.3.1) and want to Air Drop them to my Mac (macOS Monterrey 12.0.1), I get a notification asking me whether I want to import them to the Photo app or save them to the 'Downloads' folder.

As I don't want to have the pictures in the Photo app, I choose saving them to the 'Downloads' folder and what it does is creating a new folder for each single picture within the 'Downloads' folder on my Mac, just as mentioned by Yawho4. This is so annyoing and frustrating. I just want to have all the pictures directly saved in my 'Downloads' folder just as it has been working for the last few years…

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 17, 2022 3:51 PM in response to Matthew.S81

I am experiencing the same issue which is really frustrating.

When I select multiple photos on my iPhone (iOS 15.3.1) and want to Air Drop them to my Mac (macOS Monterrey 12.0.1), I get a notification asking me whether I want to import them to the Photo app or save them to the 'Downloads' folder.

As I don't want to have the pictures in the Photo app, I choose saving them to the 'Downloads' folder and what it does is creating a new folder for each single picture within the 'Downloads' folder on my Mac, just as mentioned by Yawho4. This is so annyoing and frustrating. I just want to have all the pictures directly saved in my 'Downloads' folder just as it has been working for the last few years…

Airdrop Photo from iPhone to Mac each photo is in it's own folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.