You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Enter Passcode for Other iPhone

My iPhone 11 abruptly broke and I am now trying to sign back into my new phone and recover my data. I have reached the point where it asks to "Enter Passcode for Other iPhone". I typed in what I thought was my correct password yet it says it is incorrect. I do not want to keep trying and possibly disable my account. When I click "Forgot iPhone Passcode" my only option is to "Reset Encrypted Data" which seems as if it would clear all of my iCloud data. I do not know what to do and I have seen the same thing happen to other people. Any help would be appreciated.

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 7:42 PM

1 reply

Jan 30, 2022 9:55 AM in response to mae5809

Hello mae5809,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We've reviewed your question and it looks like you are having an issue signing into your new iPhone as you cannot input the correct passcode for your old one. It's understandable that you'd want this resolved ASAP, so allow us to assist with that. If you are unable to enter the passcode for your old device, you will not be able to transfer the data over to it. 

As as FYI, if you select to Reset the Encrypted Data, the following information will be erased: 

• "Apple Card transactions
  • Health data
  • Home data
  • Keychain
  • Maps Favorites, Collections and search history
  • Memoji
  • Messages in iCloud
  • Payment information
  • QuickType Keyboard learned vocabulary 
  • Safari History, Tab Groups, and iCloud Tabs
  • Screen Time
  • Siri information
  • Wi-Fi passwords
  • W1 and H1 Bluetooth keys"

For additional information about iCloud encrypted data, see iCloud security overview. If you have follow-up questions, please let us know. We're here for you. Have a fantastic day!

Enter Passcode for Other iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.