You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display setting do not save when I restart my Macbook Pro

I have a new Macbook Pro (2021, M1) with Monterey 12.1 and I use 2 monitors - a Dell and an HP. I have the Dell set vertically. Every time I restart, the display settings for the Dell resets to the regular orientation and the 2 are out of order. I've noticed a few other settings not always saving, like my shared drives being mapped in Favorites and even my username at login disappears. This is a computer from my company. Any ideas??

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 10:39 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jan 30, 2022 10:40 AM in response to janimal1234

Hi there janimal1234,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. Thanks for reaching out to us for help with this trouble you're having with the MacBook Pro. As this is a company computer, there may be configuration profiles installed. This would prevent certain settings from being changed per your employer. You would need to get in touch with the parties responsible for setting up the MacBook for help with the configuration profile settings. More details on this can be found here:

Work with configuration profiles in macOS Server

Feel free to reach back out if you have any questions.

Best regards!

Display setting do not save when I restart my Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.