You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error connecting to Apple ID server in Recovery Assistant

Hi -

I’m attempting to reset the password on my MacBook Air that hasn’t been used in a long time. I forgot the password and am attempting to use the Apple ID reset. I appear to be on the wifi- successfully selected the network, entered wifi password and all wifi bars are lit - but I’m still receiving the “error connecting to Apple ID server” message. When I click “forgot Apple ID/password, I receive a message saying I currently have no internet. Thoughts? Is this a chair-to-keyboard error that I can sort or do I need to engage Apple Support? Thank you!

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 9:34 AM

1 reply

Jan 30, 2022 1:08 PM in response to Llamarexicorn

Hello Llamarexicorn,

Thanks for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are unable to reset your Mac login password. We can understand why you'd reach out for a solution.

Here is a resource that can help.

If you forgot your Mac login password - Apple Support

If you were using macOS Mojave or earlier, please follow these steps.

Change or reset the password of a macOS user account in macOS Mojave or earlier - Apple Support

We also suggest testing another Wi-Fi network to see if you can reset your password.

Cheers!

Error connecting to Apple ID server in Recovery Assistant

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.