You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pulling clips from game video

I’d like to make a sports highlight video for my son. I have recorded all his lacrosse games and I’d like to pull specific clips from each/many games and compile them into one video. How do I pull a clip from a game while preserving the integrity of all the games? Thanks.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 4:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 5:42 PM

Create two projects and copy segments from one project into the master project. Create a segment by doing a Modify/Split clip at the in-point and out-point. You can copy a clip from one project to the other by selecting the clip or segment, then doing an Edit/Copy, and then doing an Edit/Paste into the second project. Your edits will carry over.

To preserve you original work you can first make a duplicate of the project and work with the duplicate to pull segments out of it. That way you will always have your original project intact. To make a duplicate of a project, go to the projects browser screen, where your projects are displayed as icons, and move your cursor over the project icon to reveal a circle with dots in it to the right of the title. Click on the circle and select Duplicate Project from the pop up menu.

-- Rich

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 29, 2022 5:42 PM in response to cwilson23

Create two projects and copy segments from one project into the master project. Create a segment by doing a Modify/Split clip at the in-point and out-point. You can copy a clip from one project to the other by selecting the clip or segment, then doing an Edit/Copy, and then doing an Edit/Paste into the second project. Your edits will carry over.

To preserve you original work you can first make a duplicate of the project and work with the duplicate to pull segments out of it. That way you will always have your original project intact. To make a duplicate of a project, go to the projects browser screen, where your projects are displayed as icons, and move your cursor over the project icon to reveal a circle with dots in it to the right of the title. Click on the circle and select Duplicate Project from the pop up menu.

-- Rich

-- Rich

Pulling clips from game video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.