You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I add more USB ports to my Mac mine

How can I add more USB PORTS to my 2020 MacMini?

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 9:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 9:08 AM

This is done by purchasing an external USB bridge and connecting it to your Mac. They come in various sizes. so you can get one to suit your needs. Some bridges come with an external power source and others have none. I only recommend the powered bridges. Most external devices will work fine being connected to them. Some external non powered devices will not work on a non powered bridge and that is why they instruct you to only connect them directly to the computer. Most bridges sold today should work just fine.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 30, 2022 9:08 AM in response to W4nvc

This is done by purchasing an external USB bridge and connecting it to your Mac. They come in various sizes. so you can get one to suit your needs. Some bridges come with an external power source and others have none. I only recommend the powered bridges. Most external devices will work fine being connected to them. Some external non powered devices will not work on a non powered bridge and that is why they instruct you to only connect them directly to the computer. Most bridges sold today should work just fine.

how can I add more USB ports to my Mac mine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.