You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi how do i make a pages document my screen background?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 6:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 7:20 AM

Let's say you have a Pages document opened as Letter in landscape mode. You drop a 300 dpi image on it and export it as a PDF. Then you open that PDF in Preview, and choose to export as a 300 dpi PNG, which you then set as your Desktop image.

The resulting desktop image will still be blurred overall because that Pages document behind that hi-res image is still 72 dpi and that degrades the desktop picture clarity. Pages is the wrong tool for this as you need to make the background and image the same DPI for the sharpest Desktop clarity. You would need a third-party graphics tool such as the free GIMP, Pixelmator, or Affinity Designer to name a few.

Tested: Pages v11.2 on macOS 11.6.3.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 31, 2022 7:20 AM in response to viktoriya5

Let's say you have a Pages document opened as Letter in landscape mode. You drop a 300 dpi image on it and export it as a PDF. Then you open that PDF in Preview, and choose to export as a 300 dpi PNG, which you then set as your Desktop image.

The resulting desktop image will still be blurred overall because that Pages document behind that hi-res image is still 72 dpi and that degrades the desktop picture clarity. Pages is the wrong tool for this as you need to make the background and image the same DPI for the sharpest Desktop clarity. You would need a third-party graphics tool such as the free GIMP, Pixelmator, or Affinity Designer to name a few.

Tested: Pages v11.2 on macOS 11.6.3.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.