You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac after changing to ssd, games fps performance went down.

Mac OS High Sierra Version 10.13.6

iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011)

3.4 GHz Intel Core i7

12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1024 MB

I was using a HDD before, then after I upgraded to SSD.

Csgo performance went down significantly.

Before:100-120 fps

Now:10-30 fps

also when I stream in discord my screen seems to be laggy. Before its not a problem and its very smooth.

Please help

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 2:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 12:42 PM

All three crash reports make a reference to memory, so I would suspect the memory upgrade. What is the make & model of the third party memory upgrade? Macs are very picky about the memory they use so it is best to only use memory from Crucial or OWC (even then using only the exact part numbers suggested by the tools on their respective websites).

It is possible the memory upgrade is not compatible with the original Apple memory modules or perhaps the memory upgrade is not compatible with this Mac. These are the two most likely possibilities, otherwise you are likely looking at a bad stick of memory which will require some work to figure out.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 19, 2022 12:42 PM in response to Tamakiz

All three crash reports make a reference to memory, so I would suspect the memory upgrade. What is the make & model of the third party memory upgrade? Macs are very picky about the memory they use so it is best to only use memory from Crucial or OWC (even then using only the exact part numbers suggested by the tools on their respective websites).

It is possible the memory upgrade is not compatible with the original Apple memory modules or perhaps the memory upgrade is not compatible with this Mac. These are the two most likely possibilities, otherwise you are likely looking at a bad stick of memory which will require some work to figure out.

Jan 31, 2022 9:43 AM in response to Tamakiz

Is this an internal or external SSD?

What is the make & model of the SSD? FYI, not all SSDs are compatible with all computers plus many current SSDs are just low end budget economy models that can be as slow as a hard drive at times especially after writing lots of data to the SSD in a short period of time like an OS install/clone, software installs & updates, etc.

To look for possible software issues run EtreCheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper. If you give EtreCheck "Full Disk Access", then the report will include more information including a summary of the recent logs which may provide more clues.

To check the health of the SSD and any other internal drives run DriveDx and post the report for each drive here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper.

You can also try running the Apple Diagnostics to see if any hardware issues are detected. The diagnostics will sometimes report a false failure if a third party drive is installed internally.

Also disconnect all external devices to see if one of them is causing a problem.

What OS were you using before and what OS are you using now? Is CS:GO even compatible with the OS you are using?

Feb 18, 2022 10:24 PM in response to HWTech

Sorry for the late reply!

These Are the reports! Im currently using a High Sierra OS. and i noticed that my computer is fast but when its about using graphics/ or graphics performance its not running as like before. like before i have good fps in different kinds of games(csgo) but after the change of ssd the graphics performance level is like not optimized or not even using the gpu. I hope you can help me! THANKYOU!

Mac after changing to ssd, games fps performance went down.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.