You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook asks for a different Apple ID

Ok so I just received my apple pro last week and I did an upload from my old tablet but for some reason when I go to update say Facebook it asks for an Apple ID which is fine but instead of it being my ***1@icloud.com I.d. Somehow the id is ***2@gmail.com which is strange I never knew my old tablet was using this email heck I didn’t even realise I had it let alone know the password. Ware in lies the problem, I believe my daughter may have created this account for me when she purchased the tab as a gift and she never gave me a password for this account. So please advice as to how can I now remove this email/username all together and replace it with my iCloud I.d./username. Please help I can’t use anything on this until I can get this resolved…..

thanks

Arthur L.

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 5:02 AM

3 replies

Feb 1, 2022 11:49 AM in response to Atha212

Hello Atha212,

When you go to Settings > Your Name it should show an Apple ID there. Does it show your current Apple ID?

If so, then this would be only linked to the iTunes account. You would need to try signing out of the iTunes Store and then sign in using:

Sign in with your Apple ID

If you are unable to sign out of the iTunes Store, but can sign out of your Apple ID under Settings > Your Name, then you can try resetting the iPad:

Erase iPad

After that, you could set up the device using the new Apple ID. Keep in mind, any apps purchased with the old Apple ID may not be usable and will need to be downloaded using the new one.

If the Apple ID under Settings > Your Name is not your name, then you run the risk of Activation Lock which could render the device unusable.

Please let us know what you see.

Cheers!

Feb 1, 2022 11:15 AM in response to merlinapple

hello merlin,

so yes I did ask my daughter if she remembered the password to ***1@gmail.com and she doesn’t even remember doing it at the time it was 5 years ago give or take and she 14 and that’s the other thing it was purchased 5 years ago and my brother was the one that got it for me. But that is the old tab I do have the receipt for the new one that I’m trying to update I purchased on Amazon and received it a few weeks ago and not knowing that there was an issue with the username I did that info transfer from that tap to the new pro. Please all I ask for is to remove that username so I can update it with my iCloud email which is ***2@icloud.com. I’ve tried everything with that gmail username which is strange I only use e passwords that I use and every email account I have I have some sort of verification to it I’ve never had this problem before and because of this I can’t get gmail to verify me or the account let alone speak to someone.

please please merlin I paid a ton of cash for this new tab I really need to get this resolved please advise on anything that is possible…..

[Email Edited by Moderator]

Feb 1, 2022 7:32 AM in response to Atha212

Hello Atha212,

Thank you for reaching out about your Apple ID account showing an address you're unfamiliar with. We will be happy to provide some guidance.

Have you had a chance to ask your daughter about this account? Do you know if this device was purchased new? If so, do you know if she still has the proof of purchase?

This thread also has some info that may help:

How do I remove an unknown Apple ID from my iPhone 6?

We hope this helps. Cheers!

Facebook asks for a different Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.