You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to use on my phone cellular network

i don’t have any WiFi network where I actually stay, I stay alone. Now I have to update my backup files and update new version of iOS by cellular network. Please let me know how can I do it?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 1:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 2:01 PM

Only an iPhone 12 or 13 with 5G service can update completely over cellular.

To update an iPhone 7, you will need both a WiFi & cellular service.

Find what carrier the phone is locked to (presuming it is locked) and start a contract with them or ask them to unlock the phone. Then you can select a carrier of your choice.

For the WiFi part, head down to a McDonalds, Starbucks, library, etc. (any place that has an open WiFi source and use their WiFi to update.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 31, 2022 2:01 PM in response to Devil73

Only an iPhone 12 or 13 with 5G service can update completely over cellular.

To update an iPhone 7, you will need both a WiFi & cellular service.

Find what carrier the phone is locked to (presuming it is locked) and start a contract with them or ask them to unlock the phone. Then you can select a carrier of your choice.

For the WiFi part, head down to a McDonalds, Starbucks, library, etc. (any place that has an open WiFi source and use their WiFi to update.

I want to use on my phone cellular network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.