You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't change the default location of the Ipad weather widget

I make a new widget, and set to my location (in garden grove, california) and it works. when i go back to the widget menu, all the widget sizes show san gabriel, ca as the default. I can't remove san gabriel from my list of cities, and since there is no weather app for the ipad (yet there's a widget, which makes no sense) i can't change the settings for the weather widget.

and the widget works fine for a couple of days but it always reverts back to san gabriel even though I'm in garden grove.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 11:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 2:07 AM

Touch-and-hold the Weather Widget that appears in either the Today view or a Home Screen - and a menu will appear. Tap the Edit Widget button - and then Location. Either select a city close to you - or choose My Location.

You can have multiple widgets, each with a different location setting - but the location must be set from the widget itself. The location can only be set after the widget has been created.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 1, 2022 2:07 AM in response to sarcastor

Touch-and-hold the Weather Widget that appears in either the Today view or a Home Screen - and a menu will appear. Tap the Edit Widget button - and then Location. Either select a city close to you - or choose My Location.

You can have multiple widgets, each with a different location setting - but the location must be set from the widget itself. The location can only be set after the widget has been created.

I can't change the default location of the Ipad weather widget

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.