You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Approve Windows Device for iCloud Passwords

I have been trying to get my passwords saved to my iCloud onto my computer. When I go to click 'approve' on my iCloud app, I can sign in successfully, but problems arise when it comes to verification, it always seems to fail. I can enter the code, but it just fails.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 8:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2022 12:21 PM

Hi there, I have exactly the same issue.

It's not a sign-in problem but a problem attempting to approve the device I am using for use with icloud passwords in the icloud app.

• I am successfully signed-in to icloud
  • In the Icloud settings window, I click Passwords -> Approve
  • I'm being prompted to enter my apple id password
  • I am being taken through multifactor authentication.... works... aaaaand:
  • back to square one: password sync options greyed out, no error message whatsoever, see screenshot below.

Similar questions

12 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 6, 2022 12:21 PM in response to claire504

Hi there, I have exactly the same issue.

It's not a sign-in problem but a problem attempting to approve the device I am using for use with icloud passwords in the icloud app.

• I am successfully signed-in to icloud
  • In the Icloud settings window, I click Passwords -> Approve
  • I'm being prompted to enter my apple id password
  • I am being taken through multifactor authentication.... works... aaaaand:
  • back to square one: password sync options greyed out, no error message whatsoever, see screenshot below.

Feb 7, 2022 4:16 AM in response to sajo001

I had same issue and I found resolution.

1. Sign out from iCloud for Windows.
  2. Delete all devices associated with your Apple ID.(You can delete it from your iPhone settings.)
  3. Sign in again from an Apple product (e.g. iPhone).
  4. Sign in to iCloud for Windows.
  5. After signing in to iCloud for Windows, click the [Accept] button.

I hope you will find it useful.

Mar 30, 2022 12:27 AM in response to meszolym

It's my work laptop, there is no way I'm rolling back to win 10!, also per one of the suggestions here I logged out of my iPhone iCloud account that removed all my apple pay cards :-(. so there is a limit to how much effort I'm willing to put into this. if apple can't get this simple feature work on current setup with reasonable effort, I'll just continue using Firefox, their password sync just works.

Mar 29, 2022 11:28 PM in response to vanickfromglendale

Hi Everyone,

I recommend that you all contact the Apple Support about the problem.

It took them a couple of days in my case, but they got back to me with the answer that they see I have some extensions stuck from the previous version of windows on my pc. I rolled back to the previous version, removed the extensions, and then updated my pc back to win11.

This way the problem was solved.

If your problem cannot be solved so easily, I’m sure that support will be able to help you with the solution.

Here’s the link of that discussion: Passwords requires approval - Apple Community

Have a nice day,

Marcell

Feb 3, 2022 7:47 AM in response to wm754

Hey wm754,

It appears you're having issues when signing into iCloud on your computer. Can you clarify further where you are trying to sign in but have issues with verification? Is it iCloud for Windows where you are encountering this issue?

Are you able to sign in elsewhere with your Apple ID? Knowing this can help show if the issue is happening with your Apple ID anywhere or only on your computer. If you don't have another device, you can always try signing into the Apple ID website or iCloud website:

Take care.

Cannot Approve Windows Device for iCloud Passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.