You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unplayable songs in Apple Music Library

Last year I bought an M1 iMac. I uploaded my CD library to Apple Music from my old iMac (where I had previously burned them into iTunes). A number of my albums / songs are greyed out and display the dotted iCloud symbol next to them in Apple Music which signifies (according to Apple) that "The song is waiting to be uploaded, can't be matched, is no longer available in the Apple Music catalogue or hasn't been released yet."

I suspect in my case the song can't be matched because quite a few are classical and perhaps not in the Apple Music universe.

My question is am I now destined not to be able to listen to some of my CDs digitally on my phone, iMac etc? Or is there another way to add them to my Library given I own the physical CD?

Thanks!

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 10:15 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 3, 2022 8:56 AM in response to StClement

Welcome, StClement!

From your post, it sounds like you are trying to get all your music (downloaded and added by CD) to play on your new iMac. We’re glad that you reached out to the Apple Support Communities. We want to try and help you find the answers you need. First, we'd like to gain a bit of knowledge about your situation.

Is your iMac software up-to-date? The latest version of macOS is 12.2. If your macOS is not up-to-date, follow these steps: Update macOS on Mac.

Do you subscribe to Apple Music? If you're unsure, you can follow this guide to check: Join Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC. If so, you may have had iTunes Match enabled. iTunes Match gives you access to all of your music on all of your devices, even songs that you've imported from other sources such as CDs. For more information about iTunes Match, look over this page: Subscribe to iTunes Match.

Last, look over your Apple Music settings. Check to see if Sync Library is enabled. Sync Library allows you to access your music library and music that you've downloaded from Apple Music on all of your devices. Here are more details: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music.

We hope this information helps you out. 

Take care!

Feb 3, 2022 10:40 AM in response to genieen16

Hi

In response to your points:

• Yes iMac software is up to date
  • Yes I subscribe to Apple Music
  • I'll check out iTunes Match but not sure I want to pay Apple more money to access something I already own :) I also thought iTunes was dead?
  • Yes, Apple Music settings are synced

I'm pretty sure the issue is that I can only access my downloaded CDs if that CD is also available in Apple Music. If that's the case then things have gone backwards i.e. I could previously listen to my downloaded CDs on iTunes on my old iMac but not on the new iMac with Apple Music :(

Unplayable songs in Apple Music Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.