You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t update or download app it’s keep saying verification required billing information

I can’t update or download app it’s keep saying verification required billing information

iPhone 6s

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 1:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 1:50 PM

You see the ‘Verification Required’ popup because of an error with the payment method currently connected with your Apple ID. You get this message when a payment method has failed, or if the particular device has never purchased a paid app, or downloaded a free app, or if there is a pending unpaid balance on the account.

The leading cause for the ‘Verification Required’ message on your iPhone is a faulty credit card. To get rid of the issue, you have to change your Apple ID payment method.

Ref: Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 2, 2022 1:50 PM in response to Duckworth228

You see the ‘Verification Required’ popup because of an error with the payment method currently connected with your Apple ID. You get this message when a payment method has failed, or if the particular device has never purchased a paid app, or downloaded a free app, or if there is a pending unpaid balance on the account.

The leading cause for the ‘Verification Required’ message on your iPhone is a faulty credit card. To get rid of the issue, you have to change your Apple ID payment method.

Ref: Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.