You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts not accessible for emails

I have a new Macbook Air. When I compose emails on Gmail and start typing a contact in the "TO" field the contact does not populate. I do not have this problem on my iMac, iPhone or iPad. I have looked at the various articles under Apple support without success. Is there a setting I'm missing? Thanks.

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 7:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 8:44 AM

Are you referring to info stored in Contacts on you new MacBook Air? That is in Contacts in iCloud. Have you synced you new devise to iCloud? You can check this out in system preferences iCloud.In iCloud check and make sure you have Contacts checked off. Also in iCloud under account details devices. It will tell you what devises are synced with iCloud.Use iCloud to transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Set up iCloud on all your devices - Apple Support If iCloud is on and synced with all your devices it should move your contacts to your new device.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 3, 2022 8:44 AM in response to jimhar46

Are you referring to info stored in Contacts on you new MacBook Air? That is in Contacts in iCloud. Have you synced you new devise to iCloud? You can check this out in system preferences iCloud.In iCloud check and make sure you have Contacts checked off. Also in iCloud under account details devices. It will tell you what devises are synced with iCloud.Use iCloud to transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Set up iCloud on all your devices - Apple Support If iCloud is on and synced with all your devices it should move your contacts to your new device.

Contacts not accessible for emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.