You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a strange icon that showed up on my iPhone 8. Black box with white circle in the center. Fades when not used. I find it annoying. How do I get rid of it. ?

I have a strange icon that showed up on my iPhone 8. Black box with white circle in the center. Fades when not used. I find it annoying. How do I get rid of it. ?

iPhone 8

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 11:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 12:44 PM

That is the AssistiveTouch feature designed for people who have trouble pressing buttons. But anyway to fix it: go to your settings app, scroll down to accessibility and click it, then look for touch and click that, then click AssistiveTouch on that page, then there is a switch so just flip the switch to turn it off. I hope that works for you.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 3, 2022 12:44 PM in response to Rac9987

That is the AssistiveTouch feature designed for people who have trouble pressing buttons. But anyway to fix it: go to your settings app, scroll down to accessibility and click it, then look for touch and click that, then click AssistiveTouch on that page, then there is a switch so just flip the switch to turn it off. I hope that works for you.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.