You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question about conflicting/ confusing information.

I’m being informed that I have nearly hit my limit of 5GB of free iCloud storage. Yet when I follow the instructions on how to check my iPhone to see my storage availability it shows I have used 32 of my 64 GB storage! Help me understand this apparent discrepancy, please.

I’m currently being offered 50GB of storage for 0.99 a month.

Thanks.

iPod, iOS 9

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 2:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 3:32 PM

The two measurements are not for the same source.

The 5GB space is on Apple's servers in iCloud. The 32GB of 64Gb is how much of your iPhone's drive has been used.

If you are reaching the limit of your 5GB iCloud space it's time to subscribe to the 50GB plan which, as you have found, is a small cost per month.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 4, 2022 3:32 PM in response to JPcep35

The two measurements are not for the same source.

The 5GB space is on Apple's servers in iCloud. The 32GB of 64Gb is how much of your iPhone's drive has been used.

If you are reaching the limit of your 5GB iCloud space it's time to subscribe to the 50GB plan which, as you have found, is a small cost per month.

Question about conflicting/ confusing information.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.