You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos not working

New 2021 MacBook Pro 16 inch M1 chip. cannot open photos. Clicking on photos icon, trying to (it won't let me) deselect and then reselect iCloud photos option, and attempt to repair the photos (command+options+photos) all give me the same pup up window error: The library “Photos Library.photoslibrary” could not be recognized. all my photos are intact on my other devices (old MacBook Pro, iPad and iPhone). any suggestions? This computer is less than a few wks old and I decided to 'start fresh' and not migrate files/programs thru Migration Assistant from other computer(s). Thoughts? Thanks.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 7:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 11:42 PM

Hi

Hold down the option key while starting photos. Are any libraries listed. Open each in turn to find out which is the correct one with all your photos in.

When you have the correct one open go to preferences and click the button circled to set it as system library.

Similar questions

2 replies

Photos not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.