You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I restored my phone using an iCloud backup, but I was not backing photos up to the Cloud. Is there any way to restore photos from a backup on my computer after restoring the phone from iCloud?

My phone is a 2nd generation SE. I got locked out of my phone and the phone disabled for too many password attempts while in the hospital with shaky hands. Once out of the hospital, I managed to get my phone restored using my imac. I restored the iCloud backup because it was more recent than my computer backup. I never backed up photos to the cloud due to space (and privacy), and ended up losing all my photos. I'm wondering if there is any way to restore the photos that are in the backup on my iMac. I'm a bit leery of the apps available for download since they are not coming from Apple.

iPhone SE

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 2:50 PM

10 replies

Feb 5, 2022 8:13 PM in response to mdtyler

Since you do not use iCloud for Photos, those photos are in the backup file located on your computer. You cannot pick and choose categories to restore from a backup file when it comes to an iPhone. It is an all or nothing event when you restore your iPhone from a computer backup. At this point, if you want to export those photos on your iPhone, then you will have to restore your iPhone from that older computer backup file.

Axel F.

I restored my phone using an iCloud backup, but I was not backing photos up to the Cloud. Is there any way to restore photos from a backup on my computer after restoring the phone from iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.