You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OneDrive icon

I can't find anywhere what this OneDrive sync status icon means. I'm clearly not looking in the right place. I'm running MacOS Monterey v.12.1. What does this sync status icon mean? (grey circle with underlined white check)

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 6:51 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 4:43 AM

6 replies

Feb 7, 2022 7:19 PM in response to BlueberryLover

Even with the “always on my device” icon - my OneDrive files and folders are found when I search using Spotlight but those OneDrive folders and files display in the Spotlight search results with a OneDrive icon next to them instead of the actual file type. When I click to open those files and folders through Spotlight, Spotlight closes without opening the file or folder. If I search for files or folder from with the Finder search, they will open and display with the actual file type icon. Spotlight used to work for me. Why doesn’t it open OneDrive files and folders anymore?

OneDrive icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.