You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Post Password Reset Login Loop

I just changed my Apple ID password and now the system has asked me for the password repeatedly like 20 ------- times with no end in sight. It isn't flagging it as a bad password but it is vague about what I am authorizing. Is there a log where I can see what is actually happening between the client and server so I can at least see if there is an end in sight and I am not simply authorizing the same app to access Icloud again and again and again?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Feb 6, 2022 10:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2022 11:31 AM

If you have changed your password, have you followed the steps in this article?

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support.  *

2 replies

Feb 6, 2022 3:40 PM in response to RN-TheDoc

I learned today that if you have a VPN on with content filtering enabled it can block the connection between Apple and your device on a MacBook. If you have Admin rights on your computer you will have to create a new network profile in the settings menu under Network (you may have to also enable profiles as well) to connect to the open internet without the protocols for the VPN. Default profiles should be WIFi and perhaps ethernet. Anything that is branded is probably associated with your firm (if this is your work laptop or if you installed software on your personal laptop to use it for work) and necessary for their network protection but not for you to browse the open internet. If you are the Admin make a new network profile and drop the VPN components. If you are not the Admin call your tech support for your firm and let them know that you cannot login to icloud unless they temporarily remove the VPN software and let you login (at which point they can reinstall / reenable it). Hope this helps. I burned a lot of calories with Apple support to figure this one out.

Post Password Reset Login Loop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.