You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail group address

How do I collect a bunch of addresses from an email into a "group address" that I can use?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Feb 6, 2022 12:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 6:45 PM

Once you get their emails entered into contacts, the other stuff you want to do is a cinch. and you can create overlapping lists and smart lists from the same contacts.

You can add email address to contacts with just a click:

In the message list, select a message, then choose Message > Add Sender to Contacts.

Use information found in Mail in other apps on Mac - Apple Support

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 7, 2022 6:45 PM in response to Old_Dog_Hawaii

Once you get their emails entered into contacts, the other stuff you want to do is a cinch. and you can create overlapping lists and smart lists from the same contacts.

You can add email address to contacts with just a click:

In the message list, select a message, then choose Message > Add Sender to Contacts.

Use information found in Mail in other apps on Mac - Apple Support

Feb 7, 2022 6:02 PM in response to Ronasara

Thanks

Well, first of all, the CONTACTS app will not let me create a new GROUP. I have followed the directions exactly but the new GROUP does not appear. I get a lot of "last card" listed in there.

Then it appears that even it you had a new GROUP, you would have to place the emails in there one by one. I have a bunch of them to do so this would not work well.

Feb 7, 2022 10:17 PM in response to Old_Dog_Hawaii

I have two comments to offer. When using the Mail app, you may or may not know that you can save any email contacts and they are saved toContacts. Second, for what it's worth, I stopped using Mail years ago (and Contacts). I see a lot of problems with it reported here on the forum. I have used and have been very satisfied with using Thunderbird for my emails. It is very stable, creates groups and has features most other apps do not have. It's also free. I suggest giving it a trial run.

Apple Mail group address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.