You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my Mac will not recognize my printer

Since getting a new Xfinity router, my Mac does not recognize my printer and will not print.

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 12:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 12:41 PM

Kmschneid Said:

"my Mac will not recognize my printer: Since getting a new Xfinity router, my Mac does not recognize my printer and will not print."

-------

Troubleshooting this Printer:

A. Single-Out this User:

Try creating another administrator account. See if it is then seen.

B. Remove/Add Back the Printer:

Remove the printer form your user, and then add it back. Contact the Manufacturer for this. Perhaps you need to retinal it. Use the correct drivers, getting them from the Manufacturer, and none other.

C. Upgrade:

Purchase a printer in today's market, and it will have Wireless AC or 6. Those are Dual-Band, meaning they will work with a router whether broadcasting 2,5GHz or 5GHz.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 7, 2022 12:41 PM in response to Kmschneid

Kmschneid Said:

"my Mac will not recognize my printer: Since getting a new Xfinity router, my Mac does not recognize my printer and will not print."

-------

Troubleshooting this Printer:

A. Single-Out this User:

Try creating another administrator account. See if it is then seen.

B. Remove/Add Back the Printer:

Remove the printer form your user, and then add it back. Contact the Manufacturer for this. Perhaps you need to retinal it. Use the correct drivers, getting them from the Manufacturer, and none other.

C. Upgrade:

Purchase a printer in today's market, and it will have Wireless AC or 6. Those are Dual-Band, meaning they will work with a router whether broadcasting 2,5GHz or 5GHz.

Feb 7, 2022 12:36 PM in response to Kmschneid

Hi,

To begin with, check all settings. If the settings are OK, try the following procedure in the exact order:

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the computer,, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the computer. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

Also, some dual-band routers with an automatic device detection and band selection can cause difficulties. It may become necessary to separate/rename 2.4 GHz/5 GHz networks. Just for a test, if applicable/possible, one could try a (temporary) manual 2.4 GHz-only setting.

my Mac will not recognize my printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.