You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my daughter forgot her icloud account password on family sharing

How do I recover or change her icloud password?

I tried online and when trying "forgot my password" link it asks my iphone number (shows last 2 digits only), and then nothing happens I do not receive any notifications to change her password on family sharing to access apple store to download a free game app.

I tried downloading on mine to share with her on family sharing but my free downloaded app does not show up for me to share. I only see purchased apps to share option.

Thank you!

Karine

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 5:32 AM

3 replies

Feb 11, 2022 7:44 AM in response to kartad

see this link:

Use these steps to set up Family Sharing. You can start a new family group and invite people to join, or you can join someone else's family group.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201088

there is a post here were someone was successful but it required them to get someone on the phone, and sometimes thats the only way to get past the breaks you're seeing

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251706343

Feb 9, 2022 3:51 PM in response to JimmyCMPIT

Hello,

When I try that link, it asks to entre the icloud account that my daughter had forgetten password for. I enter and it asks for my phone number which I enter. Then I see a popup on her iphone screen (sharing kid phone) to allow reset password or not allow. I click "allow" but nothing happens. Because its a kid account, her account section is not active I cannot access it from her phone to change her password.

I tried logging in online using computer but the same thing happens, after entering her icloud email, it asks to verify my phone number (not hers), then I enter my phone number, and I see a popup on her phone screen saying allow to reset the password but because her account is a child account and greyed out, I cannot access it to change it.

I am soo frustrated.

Is there another way to download a free game on her iphone without changing her password? Could I somehow log in on her iphone as the parent and download a game app?

Please advise.

THANK YOU SO MUCH

my daughter forgot her icloud account password on family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.