You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email setup

Just got my first iPhone although I've had an iPad for a year or so.

I'm trying to set everything up but can't get the email account resolved. One of the error messages I'm getting is -

no password provided for 'accountname'

The bizarre thing is the settings I have in the iPad (which is handling mail OK) don't work in this phone.

What's going on? Might just stick with the Android phone I was replacing.....

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 6:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 6:33 AM

Please see this Support link: Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Follow all of the steps that relate to iPhone in the link above. Don't switch back to Android!

5 replies

Feb 9, 2022 7:10 AM in response to Owen_1001

Thanks for that extremely prompt reply!

I'd done that over and over again to no avail but tried it once more. I tried leaving out SMTP settings so that only mail receipt was set but still got a 'no password' error. And this is whilst there is visual evidence on the same setup screen showing the password dots.

Thanks anyway.....

Email setup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.