You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ignore Monterey update and stop reminders

Hello all!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) and have decided I'd like to remain on Big Sur (11.6.2) as opposed to upgrading to Monterey.

I've tried a few things but am unable to ignore the update. It's a constant badge on my Settings icon and reminders on there "being new software to update."

Is there anyway to turn this off?

Thanks in advance,

Lawrence

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 7:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 8:19 PM

Although you can turn off several settings, they do not address OS upgrade/update notifications since these are system generated. I have everything turned off, but still got reminders. The only solution that has worked for me: download the Monterey installer; when done, simply dismiss (quit) the installer. Do not install. It will be in the Applications folder - just leave it there. The built in automatic process will check for it, see the downloaded installer and will no longer nag you.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 9, 2022 8:19 PM in response to clearnew

Although you can turn off several settings, they do not address OS upgrade/update notifications since these are system generated. I have everything turned off, but still got reminders. The only solution that has worked for me: download the Monterey installer; when done, simply dismiss (quit) the installer. Do not install. It will be in the Applications folder - just leave it there. The built in automatic process will check for it, see the downloaded installer and will no longer nag you.

Ignore Monterey update and stop reminders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.