You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't send sms text to Android from my iPhone

I've been on phone support with Verizon all morning. Yesterday, all of my texts to Android users stopped going through. I updated my iOS, checked for blocked contacts, dove deep into the MyVerizon app to make sure my numbers weren't being blocked. verizon did a line refresh and we rebooted and nothing. I've reset wifi network, removed sim card, turned off iMessage, etc. What else can I try and how do I resolve this? I am using chat on other social media apps but really, is this the only way? what is the point of having this stupid phone if you can't text everyone from it???

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 7:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 7:25 AM

There is nothing else you can do. There is nothing on the iPhone that can be set or unset regarding SMS. That is strictly controlled by the carrier. Their carrier settings on the phone that provide the connection to their SMS/MMS servers is controlled by them, and your carrier account has to be correctly provisioned to be able to send SMS, since it uses their cellular connection. You will need to continue to work with Verizon.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 10, 2022 7:25 AM in response to GoGreenGoWhite

There is nothing else you can do. There is nothing on the iPhone that can be set or unset regarding SMS. That is strictly controlled by the carrier. Their carrier settings on the phone that provide the connection to their SMS/MMS servers is controlled by them, and your carrier account has to be correctly provisioned to be able to send SMS, since it uses their cellular connection. You will need to continue to work with Verizon.

Can't send sms text to Android from my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.