You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cloud Music syncing broken on macOS Monterey

Over the last couple few months, changes I make to my music library on my Mac do not sync to the Cloud, and after a few hours the changes will be undone on my Mac. This means I cannot add/update playlists, rate/love songs, or change tags like genre. The problem only seems to be worse after updating to macOS 12.2.

I tried unchecking Sync Library and re-checking it and now it won't sync at all and so I can't even access most of my library on my Mac anymore. Is there anything I can do or I do have to wait for Apple to (maybe someday) fix their iCloud syncing?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 10:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 7:14 PM

Apple Support actually finally seems to have helped me solve this! I had to uncheck the Preference to Sync Library, then restart my computer, then check it again. After a long while updating my library now changes I make on my computer are once again syncing to the Cloud!

Similar questions

6 replies

Cloud Music syncing broken on macOS Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.