You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air M1 2020 Monterey 12.1 Does not detect second and third monitor at the same time

I have a MacBook Air M1 2020 Monterey 12.1, when I upgraded to this version I first had a problem where my second monitor was detecting the dimensions of 1920x1080, and my monitor is 1600x900 AOC 2036, I solved this problem by downloading the SwitchResX program that manages changing the default dimension to 1600x900 which fixed my first problem.

I bought a new adapter to use a third monitor that is also a 1600x900 AOC 2036, but when I turn it on, the macbook does not recognize it.

I'll call them Monitor 1 and Monitor 2

If I disconnect Monitor 1, Monitor 2 starts working and vice versa. (Proving it's not a problem with USB-C to HDMI adapters)

Apparently the Mac is recognizing the 2 as the same, which is causing conflict

I've tried resetting NVRAM, SMC and etc, but it didn't work.

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 6:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 6:07 PM

The M1Chip Macs only support one external display. The M1 Pro and M1 Max chip Macs support multiple external displays.

Similar questions

1 reply

MacBook Air M1 2020 Monterey 12.1 Does not detect second and third monitor at the same time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.