You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t get my AirPods connected to my iphone

How do I pair my AirPods to my iPhone 11 Pro Max?

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 1:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 1:16 PM

Pair AirPods (1st, 2nd, or 3rd generation)

You can pair AirPods (1st, 2nd, or 3rd generation) with your Apple devices to listen to music, movies, messages, and more. You can also use your AirPods to make and answer phone calls and FaceTime calls with compatible devices.

After you set up your AirPods with one Apple device (like your iPhone), your AirPods connect automatically to your other Apple devices where you're signed in with the same Apple ID.

AirPods (1st or 2nd generation)

AirPods (3rd generation)

Pair AirPods with iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Before you begin, make sure that your device is up to date.

1. On your device, go to Settings  > Bluetooth, then turn on Bluetooth.
  2. Open the case with your AirPods inside, then hold it next to your device.
  3. Follow the onscreen instructions, then tap Done.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 11, 2022 1:16 PM in response to svpshuler

Pair AirPods (1st, 2nd, or 3rd generation)

You can pair AirPods (1st, 2nd, or 3rd generation) with your Apple devices to listen to music, movies, messages, and more. You can also use your AirPods to make and answer phone calls and FaceTime calls with compatible devices.

After you set up your AirPods with one Apple device (like your iPhone), your AirPods connect automatically to your other Apple devices where you're signed in with the same Apple ID.

AirPods (1st or 2nd generation)

AirPods (3rd generation)

Pair AirPods with iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Before you begin, make sure that your device is up to date.

1. On your device, go to Settings  > Bluetooth, then turn on Bluetooth.
  2. Open the case with your AirPods inside, then hold it next to your device.
  3. Follow the onscreen instructions, then tap Done.

Axel F.

Feb 11, 2022 4:21 PM in response to svpshuler

Try and reset the AirPods as shown below.

How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro

You might need to reset your AirPods if they won't charge, or to fix a different issue.

1. Put your AirPods in their charging case, and close the lid.
  2. Wait 30 seconds.
  3. Open the lid of your charging case.
  4. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > Bluetooth and tap the More Info button  next to your AirPods. (If you don't see your AirPods in Settings > Bluetooth, just go to the next step.)
  5. Tap Forget This Device, and tap again to confirm.
  6. With the lid open, press and hold the setup button on the back of the case for about 15 seconds, until the status light flashes amber, then white.*
  7. Reconnect your AirPods: With your AirPods in their charging case and the lid open, place your AirPods close to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Follow the steps on your device's screen.

* When you reset your AirPods, the settings for your AirPods also reset. You can change your settings again.

Axel F.

I can’t get my AirPods connected to my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.