You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i remove apps that cant be removed like mackeeper

how do you remove apps like MacKeeper and Cerberus installer from MacBook Air?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 11:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 12:13 PM

MacKeeper's uninstallation instructions actually work, provided you follow them exactly. If you did something that resulted in an incomplete uninstallation, then you may need to install it again for the sole purpose of uninstalling it correctly.

I don't know what Cerberus is, but if you explain what it is or where you obtained it from, perhaps someone else does.

Time Machine provides the quickest way to "undo" something you regret doing, like installing MacKeeper or similarly categorized garbage: Back up your files with Time Machine on Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 12, 2022 12:13 PM in response to squeak1126

MacKeeper's uninstallation instructions actually work, provided you follow them exactly. If you did something that resulted in an incomplete uninstallation, then you may need to install it again for the sole purpose of uninstalling it correctly.

I don't know what Cerberus is, but if you explain what it is or where you obtained it from, perhaps someone else does.

Time Machine provides the quickest way to "undo" something you regret doing, like installing MacKeeper or similarly categorized garbage: Back up your files with Time Machine on Mac - Apple Support

how do i remove apps that cant be removed like mackeeper

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.