You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Retriving a document from iCloud

So I thought I'd like to be able to work on a Numbers spreadsheet on my iPad in addition to my iMac (Mojave). So I set up iCloud to use the document. All good. Except now the document cannot be opened on iMac at all, either over iCloud or locally after I turned off iCloud. I get an error that says I need an update of Numbers. OK... except to get that, I have to upgrade my OS on my iMac. I am NOT going to update my OS just for that. So now, I cannot access the document AT ALL. I've been using this document to keep track og things for YEARS, and now, I cannot use it on my iMac unless I update my OS. Nothing in the Apple help says anything about needing OS11.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 10:51 PM

2 replies

Feb 12, 2022 11:29 PM in response to picas

Thanks for the reply! It can be opened on the iPad but not the Mac. If I can only open it on one, Id prefer the Mac. It does appear to open on iCloud.com but it seems clunky to do it that way. It is good to know that it will open there but I really wanted to be able to open it without opening a browser. Who would have thought that by putting the document in the cloud that it would make it incompatible without the OS warning me of that. Thankfully, I have found a recent Time Machine backup that I can use in Numbers locally. I've turned off iCloud for this. If I need to use a spreadsheet in the cloud, I guess I will use Google. I have more space there as well.

Retriving a document from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.