You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

linking cells in different workbooks

Hi

I have only recently "converted" to an iMac having spent my previous life using Microsoft so there has been somewhat of a learning curve regarding how things are achieved, specifically in Numbers so if this a rather obvious question please remember I am an iMac virgin!!

I have taken advantage of a number of you tube videos which have been more than helpful but I am struggling with one specific point with which I hope someone can help. I understand how to link the results of one cell to another using the equals key and selecting the information you want by highlighting the relevant cell. I can do this within the same sheet or indeed with sheets within the same workbook/file. However I want to link the results of a sheet in one file to a sheet in another. They are separate workbooks and need to stay as such so it is not a case of copying both into one workbook in order to access the information I want. Clearly it is possible via the paste/link option in Excel but how do I achieve this in numbers? Any pointers or info would be gratefully received.

All the best

Martin

iMac 24″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 5:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 6:21 AM

It is not a feature of Numbers.

Microsoft sells Office for Mac, either as a one-time purchase or Office 365. I is very much like the Windows version.

One of the free Office clones (LibreOffice, Open Office) might do links between files also but I have never used them.

Similar questions

4 replies

linking cells in different workbooks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.