You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing app passwords

I have an iPhone SE purchased in 2020. I cannot view app passwords in settings. Only website passwords are there. Help!!

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 11:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 5:45 PM

Please understand my question. Why can’t I see my password? Obviously I know I can update it. Why do I have to update it if I saved it? And I’ve obviously saved it because I can log in and it fills in my information. You don’t know why I need it but I need it. And I cannot access it and I’m frustrated that I don’t get an answer to my question. WHERE IS THE PASSWORD??

13 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 15, 2022 5:45 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Please understand my question. Why can’t I see my password? Obviously I know I can update it. Why do I have to update it if I saved it? And I’ve obviously saved it because I can log in and it fills in my information. You don’t know why I need it but I need it. And I cannot access it and I’m frustrated that I don’t get an answer to my question. WHERE IS THE PASSWORD??

Feb 13, 2022 8:46 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Yes, thank you I do understand that. But the one I need is not there. I’m so frustrated. It’s a new banking app and I do see the website but it is my old password. It just doesn’t make sense that I can use my thumbprint to log in using my new password but I can’t see the new password in my settings—password. I do appreciate all the information but I’m still stuck unfortunately.

Feb 13, 2022 2:01 PM in response to Raicya

Sorry, that was NOT helpful. I thought the helpful was a drop down so I could choose NOT helpful. In my post I mentioned settings and passwords and that I could only see website passwords. Let me expand…I do not see the language “websites and apps” anywhere as a choice. My iCloud Keychain is toggled to “on”.

Missing app passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.