You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod latest update is too buggy

I love the sound quality of these speakers but they have become nearly useless as I have to reboot them all the time. It is easier to just grab my headphones to listen to music. It is very irritating that I now have expensive paper weights.

HomePod, 15

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 11:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 8:03 PM

Hi Btbpsm, if your HomePod is still under warranty or under AppleCare+, I'd suggest opening a case with Apple Support.

Official Apple Support

You can also leave official product feedback if the latest update has caused united issues for you. Feedback is valuable

Product Feedback - Apple

Outside of that, what are your use cases that are causing issues?

-Playing Apple Music natively and the music stops playing?

-AirPlaying to the HomePod from your iPhone?

-Requests to Siri not giving responses or not completing the requested action?

I'd definitely look at Wi-Fi to see if the throughput with HomePod is having issues. Channel selection, antenna/placement, I've even heard of (though not seen personally) of electronic devices such as lamps near HomePod causing issue.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 14, 2022 8:03 PM in response to btbpsm

Hi Btbpsm, if your HomePod is still under warranty or under AppleCare+, I'd suggest opening a case with Apple Support.

Official Apple Support

You can also leave official product feedback if the latest update has caused united issues for you. Feedback is valuable

Product Feedback - Apple

Outside of that, what are your use cases that are causing issues?

-Playing Apple Music natively and the music stops playing?

-AirPlaying to the HomePod from your iPhone?

-Requests to Siri not giving responses or not completing the requested action?

I'd definitely look at Wi-Fi to see if the throughput with HomePod is having issues. Channel selection, antenna/placement, I've even heard of (though not seen personally) of electronic devices such as lamps near HomePod causing issue.

HomePod latest update is too buggy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.