You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I Transfer all music from iTunes on my PC to new iPad pro 11" with USB-C

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 7:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 8:15 AM

If you need to connect your iPad to an older style Power Adapter - or computer that has a USB Type-A port - you will simply require a certified USB3 Type-A to USB-C charging/data cable. These are readily available from good computer stores - and from Apple.

Here is an example from mophie, marketed by Apple:

• mophie USB-A Cable with USB-C Connector (1 m)

https://store.apple.com/uk/xc/product/HN892ZM/A

Be aware that plug-adapters commonly marketed to connect a USB-C plug to a older style USB port should be avoided. The USB-C specification does not allow the use of “plug adapters”; with USB-C, you should only use an appropriate certified cable, as doing so will protect your relatively expensive USB-C device (in this case, your iPad) from potentially damaging wiring combinations. Certified USB-C cables incorporate protective circuitry that is otherwise absent.

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 15, 2022 8:15 AM in response to BalaGolf

If you need to connect your iPad to an older style Power Adapter - or computer that has a USB Type-A port - you will simply require a certified USB3 Type-A to USB-C charging/data cable. These are readily available from good computer stores - and from Apple.

Here is an example from mophie, marketed by Apple:

• mophie USB-A Cable with USB-C Connector (1 m)

https://store.apple.com/uk/xc/product/HN892ZM/A

Be aware that plug-adapters commonly marketed to connect a USB-C plug to a older style USB port should be avoided. The USB-C specification does not allow the use of “plug adapters”; with USB-C, you should only use an appropriate certified cable, as doing so will protect your relatively expensive USB-C device (in this case, your iPad) from potentially damaging wiring combinations. Certified USB-C cables incorporate protective circuitry that is otherwise absent.

Feb 26, 2022 1:44 PM in response to FosterIs

Had you synced the iPhone to iTunes on the PC in the past? If that is how you got the music on the iPhone to start with, or synced it with a different computer, that is what it would be referring to. What it means is it will replace everything currently on your iPhone and replace it with the current iTunes library you are trying to sync.

Feb 26, 2022 8:40 AM in response to BalaGolf

I have the same question. Answer has nothing to do with hardware or connectors.

I have 5000 songs in a backup Music Library (with playlists etc) on my PC.

Took many hours to build that Music Library - from cds, purchases, etc.

I want to move the Music Library to a new Iphone.

I don't want my new IPhone to wipe out the Music Library on my PC.

How do I do that?

Feb 26, 2022 10:31 AM in response to FosterIs

Music does not sync from your iPhone to your PC, it is the other direction. If you go to sync the library on your PC to your iPhone, you will get a warning that music on the phone will get removed by the music that is on the PC. You need to decide how you wish to handle the music on your iPhone before you sync your music from iTunes to the iPhone.

Feb 26, 2022 12:07 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Dear Chris: Thank you for the help. I appreciate it. But, the language in the alerts from ITunes is concerning.

I plugged my Iphone 12 into my PC.

When I open Itunes I selected the little icon for the phone.

Then under Music, I'm looking at SyncMusic.

I selected the "Entire Music Library"

I get this warning from ITunes:

"Syncing "my Iphone" with this iTunes library will replace media from another ITunes library on "my Desktop". An IPhone can only sync with one ITunes library at a time."

This seems to me to be saying that the replacement is going from the library on my phone to my computer.

BTW: I don't care about the few songs that are currently on my phone. They are those few songs I've purchased from the store.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.