You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to change maps voice

Using IOS 15.3.1, I am unable to change the maps voice.

Under Accessibility>Spoken Content>Voices>English>Siri I see 4 voices, and if I click "Edit" in the upper right, it shows that voice 1 is used for maps, but does not provide any option to change it.

I've looked under Settings>Maps, and Settings>Siri & Search, but could not find any options in those areas either for changing the voice in maps.

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 1:04 PM

5 replies

Feb 17, 2022 11:43 AM in response to iphone_user_awesome

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities, iphone_user_awesome.

From your post we understand that you'd like to change the voice for spoken directions in the Maps app. We'd like to share some information. This can be changed by changing the voice used for Siri. Here's how to change it: Change Siri voice or language.

Best regards.

Mar 1, 2022 7:33 AM in response to MVegas21

Hi MVegas21, I have the same issue as the original person - I have IOS 15.3.1 on my iphones and cannot change the maps voice.

I tried the document link you provided on how to change Siri voice, however I am unable to locate a "Language" option under "Settings -> Siri and Search".

Any ideas? Thank you

unable to change maps voice

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.