You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Predictive text

I’ve got an iPad Pro and a logi keyboard, the new software doesn’t show the predictive text at the bottom of the screen instead there is a keyboard on the left which you have to press. This is incredibly annoying as I do a lot of dates where in the past I would only put in the first three characters and would show me the month which I would press and bingo. Now I have to press the keyboard at the bottom of the screen, press the word I want. The next character I press, the keyboard is at the left-hand bottom of the screen again. Likewise when I am putting in my name, or email or address again I have to press the keyboard at lefthand side at the bottom of the screen. How can I have the predictive text at the bottom of the screen as on previous version of the software?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 11:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 12:31 AM

On your Keyboard, long press the emoji icon key ( if no emoji key or it doesn’t function like the iPad soft keyboard, you can go to Settings>General>Keyboard>Keyboards). This will display keyboard choices. Any chance you have an alternate keyboard you can select to see if it changes the layout?

I see for Mac the Logi keyboard has layout options. Maybe this will work for IPad too?

“To change the layout of the keyboard, please click Fn+P or Fn+O (O in Oscar) for 2-3 seconds.”

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 17, 2022 12:31 AM in response to Woolcor2

On your Keyboard, long press the emoji icon key ( if no emoji key or it doesn’t function like the iPad soft keyboard, you can go to Settings>General>Keyboard>Keyboards). This will display keyboard choices. Any chance you have an alternate keyboard you can select to see if it changes the layout?

I see for Mac the Logi keyboard has layout options. Maybe this will work for IPad too?

“To change the layout of the keyboard, please click Fn+P or Fn+O (O in Oscar) for 2-3 seconds.”

Predictive text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.